The Dano-Swedish Wars
The Dano-Swedish Wars refer to the many wars between Denmark and Sweden in the period of 1563-1720.
After the Kalmar Union dispersed in 1523, a dispute occurred between Denmark and Sweden regarding the power relations in the Baltic Sea area. These disputes were mainly about the costume rights and the location of the borders.
The term "The Dano-Swedish Wars" covers the following wars between Denmark and Sweden:
- The Northern Seven Years’ War (1563-1570)
- The Kalmar War (1611-1613)
- Torstenson War (1643-1645)
- Parts of the Second Northern War:
- Dano-Swedish War (1657–1658)
- Dano-Swedish War (1658–1660)
- Scanian War (1675-1679)
- The Dano-Sewdish Acts of War during the Great Northern War (1700 and 1709-1720)